Last November (major throwback!), we had a chance to join Sephora most-wanted weekly beauty class at Powell St, San Francisco and we couldn’t be more ecstatic! The class starts super early at 8AM, just a couple of hours before the shop opens. Not only its a highly interactive demo, all the attendees will get hands-on lesson with provided makeup tools and products.
In Asia, contouring and highlighting are highly popular especially for bridal makeup and used to create definition on certain parts of the face especially cheek and nose area.
Contouring and highlighting are not meant to change your face, but to create BALANCE and STRUCTURE.
A powerful statement quoted by Sephora beauty mentor, Kenya Garret.
Tips and techniques highlighted during the class;
- Before applying any makeup, always start with clean face and skincare like serum, moisturiser and primer so makeup will last longer and less flakey.
- Contouring is to create depth and shadows (e.g. nose bump, cheek bones), whereas highlighting is meant to bring your features forward (e.g. nose tip, top of the lip a.k.a. cupid’s bow).
- To make cheek contouring more natural, blend and bounce the color towards the hairline.
Some products and tools used:
- Sephora Powder Brush #49 for blending
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder as finishing powder
- Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit for contouring and highlighting
- The Original Beauty Blender sponge to apply concealer
So to those makeup lovers visiting USA, do grab a chance on joining their weekly beauty classes in this link. You will have an amazing time of your life